Part time jobs usually suck. People ask you to do stuff they’d never bother the full-time staff with, the hours are all over the place….. But you don’t care. Obviously. You’re still reading. Probably because you know this is all about working at Q104 and Mix 96-5. And that definitely doesn’t suck. We’re looking for our next promotions superstar.
As a part-time member of the promotions team, you’ll represent the stations at various events, concerts, movie premieres, sales remotes and trade shows. Reporting to the Promotions Coordinator, team members will be motivated, responsible, and energetic and must be able to work independently and as part of a team, while representing each of the radio station brands. We’ve got a bunch or responsibilities and qualifications below, and yes, please read them, because they’re important, but basically we want somebody really outgoing who’s dependable, can drive, and has more common sense than the signs you’ll be hanging. But wait, there’s more:
• Make our stations look AWESOME at on-location events through a combination of audio setup, promotional tents, banners, backdrops.
• Be social! Embrace the art of “the mingle” - we want you to engage with listeners and non-listeners at our events. Be knowledgeable about our radio stations and spread the good word!
• Be creative and quick thinking; an opportunity for new ideas can arise at any moment’s notice. Cat-like reflexes considered an asset.
• Work closely with a team of outgoing people like you- work to develop, with the team, an effective street level presence at all events.
• Set-up and oversee all technical aspects and broadcast equipment at client remotes and live-to-airs.
• Ensure the proper handling and safe storage of all promotional signage and equipment.
• Ensure proper and safe usage and maintenance of station vehicles. We want Alfred, not Batman.
• Perform MC duties as required.
• Develop current and compelling content for all social media platforms.
• Provide detailed event wrap reports and ideas on ‘how could we make it better’.
• Take responsibility to ensure efficient and timely execution for all events.
• Graduate or current student of broadcasting, media, public relations or marketing program is considered an asset.
• Previous radio experience is considered an asset.
• Detail oriented: attention to detail is essential!
• Experience with social media. Must have a strong knowledge and understanding of social media
platforms ie. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Youtube, and web. (ie. You know how to clearly communicate with and engage the social media audience in 140 characters or less!)
• A valid class 5 driver’s license is mandatory.
• Flexible availability: including evenings, weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Highly energetic, outgoing and eager to interact with listeners and non-listeners to generate excitement at events.
• Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to win.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment under minimal supervision.
• Must be willing get your hands dirty and handle occasional heavy lifting, while treating equipment with respect and care (for example, please do not load the gear “overhand.”)
• Duties include thorough set up and break down of promotional equipment.
• Understand the importance of representing our Q104/ Mix 96-5 brands in a professional manner at all events.
Please email your resume to: Matt Slaney – Promotions and Marketing Coordinator for Q104 and Mix 96-5.
firstname.lastname@example.org, (902) 223-6037